Summary and Mission:
Title: Assistant Branch Manager
Starting Rate: $21.78/hr
Do you value trust and understanding, respect, integrity, cooperation, and accountability? Do you want to be a part of something BIG? Would you thrive in a place where you are empowered to improve lives by partnering with individuals and families to reach their goals and realize their full potential? Then look no further! Our new Gig Harbor location is hiring!
TAPCO offers a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, EAP, 401K with generous match, paid vacation, sick, and holidays.
As a TAPCO Assistant Branch Manager you will be able to use your skills and expertise to assist in the direction and administration of branch operations in collaboration with the Branch Manager. You will ensure established policies and procedures are followed, member’s needs are promptly and professionally served, and provide leadership, guidance, direction, training and development support to branch staff. You will have the opportunity to perform a variety of member service functions, such as, opening accounts, teller services and loan application and processing. You will be joining a team who enjoys coming to work to make a positive impact in their community.
What you'll do:
- Actively build and maintain effective, business relationships with members and staff.
- Oversee and ensure branch functions are performed promptly and accurately and perform member service and teller duties as needed.
- Approve checks for deposit and cashing, overrides with holds and resolves over and shorts as needed.
- Balance each day’s transactions and verifies cash totals, research and resolve any discrepancies, and report issues to supervisor as needed.
- Council members regarding their financial needs and services requested.
- Provide guidance, support and direction to branch staff by answering questions, resolving complex issues, mentoring and training. Ensure ongoing coaching and development of staff.
Let's talk if you have:
- High School
- High School diploma, or equivalent.
- 1-3 years’ experience in banking operations, including teller services, member service and/or loan administration.
- Knowledge of consumer lending practices and federal/state consumer lending regulations.
- The ability to lead and motivate others.
- The ability to perform basic math calculations (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages). Basic understanding of bookkeeping and accounting.
- Good verbal communication skills.
- Professional appearance, dress and attitude.
- The ability to use related computer software, Microsoft Office products and business equipment, including adding machine, copy machine, coin and money counting machines.
- Experience managing others.
You may email your resume to TAPCO_Careers@tapcocu.org.
Or mail your resume to:
TAPCO Credit Union
ATTN: Human Resources
PO Box 64369
Tacoma, WA 98464
TAPCO is an Equal Opportunity Employer.